Veterinery Medicine - Kenya
Quick information guide
In Kenya, export information can be obtained from:
- Kenya National Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KNCCI);
- Export Promotion Council (EPC); and
- Export Processing Zones Authority (EPZA).
- Fresh Produce Exporters Association of Kenya (FPEAK) ; and
- Association of Fish Processors and Exporters of Kenya (AFIPEK)
- Commercial attachés at locally based embassies of foreign countries provide information on trade opportunities in their home countries.
- Established exporters can also provide advice.
- A business directory can provide contact details of exporters of particular products, as well as contacts of other organizations involved in international trade.
Exporting in Kenya
The need for information on exporting from Kenya arises out of the significant role that international trade plays in economic and social development and the importance of having more Kenyans understand and participate in the process effectively.
With a liberalized economy and globalization of markets, Kenyan exporters are expected to be more competitive and innovative if they are to effectively exploit the opportunities that world markets present.
However, international trade transactions are complex and involve many players, regulations, standards and financial relationships.
This complexity means that many potential exporters lack of adequate knowledge on what needs to be done to transact effectively and, for this reason, shy away from international trade.
Preliminary registrations, licenses and certificates
The permit is issued one-off, and annual audits will be carried out on the premises for compliance.
The permit is valid for 1 calendar year, 1st January to 31st December.
The certificate is valid for 5years, however, traders are required to retain the product(s) annually.
The certificate is valid for one calendar year, 1st January to 31st December.
The export permits are processed through the Kenya National TradeNet System (KESWS).
Certificates of origin are categorized into 2:
-Preferential issued Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA); and
-Non-preferential issued by Kenya National Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KNCCI) and are issued per consignment