Upscale Consulting - Kenya
According to the Global index report
- women in the developing nations, such as Kenya, have a 20% less likelihood of owning a bank account in a formal financial institution.
- 17% less likely to formally borrow money, deficiency in their financial literacy is one of the causes
Why Financial literacy?
Financial literacy is important to women entrepreneurs as it provides them with knowledge on:
- valuing money;
- spending it;
- keeping track on spending through updated records;
- saving for the future and;
- investing in productive and sustainable activities.
What is the situation in Kenya?
Existing statistics show that lack of financial illiteracy among women:
- Remains a major hindrance to their economic empowerment.
- Makes it hard for women to navigate and use financial services, and
- Leads to inappropriate financial decisions
- Exposes women to added risk by borrowing from informal sources, saving too little, and failing to access appropriate financial services.
Various organization and institutions in Kenya have established financial literacy programmes for women entrepreneurs.
Organisations with Financial Literacy services
Upscale Consulting exists to support emerging and existing entrepreneurs to start and grow thriving businesses, raise capital and improve their overall financial wellness.
Financial Literacy Programme
To help you get the best of your finances.
The Work Centre, JKUAT Towers
10th Floor, Kenyatta Avenue
Tel; +254 722 449 386