Professional Women, Women Executives and Business Women’s Forum - Zimbabwe
It is important to build the capacity of female entrepreneurs so that they effectively participate and benefit from the regional integration agenda with regards to trade; build their knowledge to produce export quality goods and encourage/promote networking among women in business.
A number of institutions including the Ministry of Women Affairs, Community, Small and Medium Enterprise development provide a range of training (or coaching) which is critical for women in business. The training includes product branding, labeling, negotiation skills, sales techniques, marketing using social media, writing contracts, drafting winning business proposals and customer management.
PROWEB was established to enable women to speak with one voice on economic empowerment issues though the creation of an environment that is conducive for women to generate, own and control wealth through networking, mentorship, capacity building training, education, information, policy advocacy, wealth creation initiatives and access to micro-finance.
Business / Entrepreneurship Training - targets female entrepreneurs (young and mature) with professional qualifications, potential, little or no education who are looking for opportunities to start or grow their businesses. Topics include;
- Business Canvas Model
- Knowing Your Customer
- Knowing Your Customer, Marketing and Social Media
- Financial Literacy and management
- Strategize It, Plan It then Just Do It and Business Plan Development
- Putting the Customer at the Centre of Your Business
- Ethics and governance
- Operations management and logistics
Employability and Life Skills Training - targets youths up to 35 years of age to equip youth with the relevant technical, professional and business skills. Topics include;
- SYB (Start Your Business)
- Business Model Canvas
- Soft Skills in Entrepreneurship
- Interview and presentation skills
- Curriculum Vitae writing
- Job placement, shadowing, internship and mentorship
Training Locations: Harare, Bulawayo, Goromonzi, Mutare, Zvishavane and Chitungwiza
- Annual business trainings: these are one-year long trainings divided into various components to be completed by trainees and graduates after satisfactorily completing the whole course.
- Monthly trainings: conducted over one or three days depending on the topic or training course
Quarterly trainings conducted over a week or three days.
The organization also provides the following services
- Facilitate access to markets to ensure that women participate at various trade exhibitions, events, forums where they pitch, market and sell products
- Facilitates and refers women to access loans at various institutions affiliated to PROWEB
- Crowd funding support to mobilize resources to engage in various investment and wealth creating ventures
- Provides and links women to various opportunities such as mentoring, networking, contacts, connections
PROWEB also organizes events of the following kinds:
1. Capacity building and information sharing events to unpack issues, laws, policies to see how women can benefit or are affected
2. Lesson sharing events where topical issues are discussed
3. Fundraising events to raise funds towards certain causes such as dinners, golf tournament, fun run/walk
4. Celebrating women events - Awards, dinner, tea parties
5. Women & health events - covering health, fitness, diet, checkup, Cancer, BP, Diabetes
6. Mentorship and career guidance events for young girls from high schools, colleges and universities
7. Business expos to promote and market women’s products