• Uganda
  • Resources
  • Business Services
  • Immigration Info

Immigration services may be obtained at:

The Ministry of Internal Affairs is the Ugandan Authority that facilitates the legal and orderly movement of persons to and from Uganda, regulates the residence of immigrants in the country, verify and process Uganda citizenship and enforce national and regional immigration laws.

The Directorate of Immigration Control (DCIC), issues the following types of official travel documents:

  1. The Uganda Passport (Normal, Service. Diplomatic) – an international travel document that can be used to travel to any country in the world.
  2. The Uganda Interstate Pass – a temporary travel documents valid for 6 months, and can be used to travel to selected African Countries.
  3. The Temporary Movement Permit - intended to ease the cross border movement of border communities, it can be obtained at all ports of Entry and Exit in Uganda
  4. The Certificate of Identity – for Ugandans and non-Ugandans who cannot readily access Travel documents in emergency situations

Note from the Directorate of Citizenship and Immigration:

  • Uganda travel documents may only be held by citizens of Uganda 
  • The Uganda National ID can be used to travel to Kenya & Rwanda
  • Only applicants with scheduled appointments shall be allowed to access the Passports Enrolment Centre.

  • Deal directly with Immigration officials and avoid Middlemen. Applications submitted by Middlemen will not be accepted/received
  • Any person intending to enter into Uganda should do so only for lawful purposes and in accordance with national immigration laws, guidelines and formalities.
  • All foreign nationals intending to work in Uganda must ensure that they are in possession of the relevant work permit.