Immigration Info - Uganda
Quick information guide
- Online passport application steps
(Fill in your information and follow the steps.)
- Electronic Visa/Permit application and information
- Fees for full range of services available
- Forms for download
(Passport application, Citizenship by Naturalisation, Dual Citizenship, Visa Extension Application, Security Bond Application and Refund, Organisation profiling – for e-Permits)
- List of requirements for Passports and other Travel Documents
(Uganda Passport (new, renewal, replacement, certification) / Interstate Pass/ Change of names or other particulars/ Passport application (minors, students) / Temporary Movement Permits / Certificates of Identity)
- List of requirements for Work Permits and Residence Facilities
(Classes - A, A2, B, C, D, E, F, G1, G2 / Work Permit renewal/ Certificate of residence / Employment of EAC nationals under the EAC Common Market Protocol)
Immigration services may be obtained at:
- Headquarters of the Directorate of Immigration Services (and Passport Control office)
Plot 75 Jinja Road
P. O. Box 7165 / 7191
Kampala - Uganda
Tel: + 256 414 595 945
Fax: +256 414 348 707
- 13 passport regional centres and 9 regional offices,
- 54 entry/exits immigration stations), and
- Uganda Missions & Embassies abroad
Immigration Information for Uganda
The Directorate of Immigration Control (DCIC), issues the following types of official travel documents:
- The Uganda Passport (Normal, Service. Diplomatic) – an international travel document that can be used to travel to any country in the world.
- The Uganda Interstate Pass – a temporary travel documents valid for 6 months, and can be used to travel to selected African Countries.
- The Temporary Movement Permit - intended to ease the cross border movement of border communities, it can be obtained at all ports of Entry and Exit in Uganda
- The Certificate of Identity – for Ugandans and non-Ugandans who cannot readily access Travel documents in emergency situations
Note from the Directorate of Citizenship and Immigration:
- Uganda travel documents may only be held by citizens of Uganda
- The Uganda National ID can be used to travel to Kenya & Rwanda
Only applicants with scheduled appointments shall be allowed to access the Passports Enrolment Centre.
- Deal directly with Immigration officials and avoid Middlemen. Applications submitted by Middlemen will not be accepted/received
- Any person intending to enter into Uganda should do so only for lawful purposes and in accordance with national immigration laws, guidelines and formalities.
- All foreign nationals intending to work in Uganda must ensure that they are in possession of the relevant work permit.