Zimbabwe Women’s Resource Centre and Network - Zimbabwe
It is important to build the capacity of female entrepreneurs so that they effectively participate and benefit from the regional integration agenda with regards to trade; build their knowledge to produce export quality goods and encourage/promote networking among women in business.
A number of institutions including the Ministry of Women Affairs, Community, Small and Medium Enterprise development provide a range of training (or coaching) which is critical for women in business. The training includes product branding, labeling, negotiation skills, sales techniques, marketing using social media, writing contracts, drafting winning business proposals and customer management.
The Zimbabwe Women’s Resource Centre and Network (ZWRCN) is an organization committed to gender equality and equity. The organization promotes women’s rights and empowerment by advocating economic justice and empowerment in Zimbabwe and globally. The programmatic focus is underpinned by a desire to Make A Difference (MAD) for Women. The organization focuses on two main programs: Gender and Information Programme (GIP) and Gender, Economic Policies and Public Finance (GEPPF).
The organization collects and collates information on opportunities and challenges faced by women
- Prepares policy briefs and fact sheets on the status of women in the informal sector
- Disseminates information for knowledge building for women
- Lobbying and advocacy training
- Capacity building council technocrats and policymakers on economic policy and tools for transformation including gender budgeting
- Creates and identifies alternative spaces for engagement/ dialogue between women and local authorities / duty bearers such as vendors
- Creates strategic convening space for women through the use of gender and development talks (GAD) and brown bag series
- Use of social media campaigns for evidence-based consultations
Zimbabwe Women’s Resource Centre and Network
288 Herbert Chitepo Avenue, Corner 7th and Herbert Chitepo
Tel: +263 242 252388-90