Mentors - Comoros
Mentoring in Comoros
In the Comoros, support measures for women entrepreneurs are being considered and implemented to support entrepreneurs in the start-up period and facilitate the subsequent growth of their business. The business mentoring program is being launched to provide support to entrepreneurs.
By definition, mentoring is a means of development and learning, based on a voluntary, free and confidential interpersonal relationship ( the mentoring relationship), in which an experienced person (the mentor) invests his acquired wisdom and expertise to promote the development of another person (the mentee) who has skills and abilities to acquire and professional and personal goals to achieve.
The mentor and the mentee thus form a dyad whose fruits will flow from the quality and relevance of their mentoring relationship, a relationship whose duration will vary according to the needs of the mentee or the characteristics of the mentoring program to which they belong.
Mentoring is used in many spheres of society with very varied applications to meet growing needs for personal and professional development.
Community circles, organizations dedicated to the development of entrepreneurship and start-ups, professional associations, private, public and parapublic companies are part of this universal movement.
The goals of mentorship:
- Entrepreneurial know-how
- business decision making
- Priority management
- The long term vision
- Succession preparation
Mentoring and forms of support
Known forms of accompaniment:
- The counselor directs, gives advice. (financial, legal, orientation, marital, etc.)
- The consultant recommends. He's an expert who helps you find information so you can use it
- The tutor teaches the basics of a task. The tutor serves as support, support, protection, particularly during the period of integration into a given role.
- The coach helps to develop specific skills. He masters a process to allow the client to reach his full potential
- The co-development group promotes the development of individuals by participating in structured group activities
- The sponsor is a person who exerts his influence in order to favor the progression of the career of an individual.
- The helping relationship intervenes when there is a personal problem at the emotional or psychological level. This role is fulfilled by psychologists and therapists .
The mentoring relationship
The mentoring relationship is more likely to be successful if, from the beginning, the mentor and the mentee share the same conception of what mentoring is and of each other's respective roles.
Who becomes a mentor?
The mentor is a generous, available and inspiring person, in addition to possessing a sense of effective communication, in particular natural listening skills and the ability to ask questions that will help the mentee progress.
If I am mentored
The mentoring relationship is more likely to be successful if, from the beginning, the mentor and the mentee share the same conception of what mentoring is and of each other's respective roles. It is therefore important for the mentee to clearly identify his expectations from the start and to clearly understand what the mentor can or cannot bring him.