Patenting Services - Rwanda
Patent application checklist:
- Payment receipt (original);
- Patent application letter (addressed to the Registrar General);
- Duly filled and signed Patent application form;
- Description of the invention - see Articles 25 and 26 of Intellectual Property Law. (Should include a summary stating the distinctive characters which constitute the innovation of the invention);
- Abstract - see Article 27 of Intellectual Property Law;
- Drawings, models, or samples (as many as necessary to the intelligence of description); and
- Proof of identity (original + single copy) of the applicant (passport or national ID)
In Rwanda all patent services are available online.
An applicant also has the options of visiting the Rwanda Development Board (RDB) offices in Kigali.
Patent right registration certificate is renewable every year after the filing date of the patent application.