List of international instruments - Kenya
Quick information guide
Treaties and Conventions to which Kenya is a signatory:
- COMESA Treaty
- East Africa Community Monetary Union Protocol
- East Africa Community Common Market
- Agreement on the World Trade Organisation
- Agreement on the International Monetary Protocol
Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Trade
Old Treasury Building, Harambee Avenue
P.O Box 30551 – 00100 G.P.O
Tel: +254 20 3318888
Trade agreements signed by the Republic of Kenya
The responsibility for concluding treaties involving the Republic of Kenya lies with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The Ministry is responsible for policy aspects, as well as matters of form and procedure.
The Ministry has a Treaty Section within the Legal Division that keeps records of bilateral and multi-lateral treaties involving Kenya. It runs an inquiry service that provides information on treaties to the public. The Ministry also coordinates Kenya’s responsibilities as depositary for certain treaties deposited with the Government of Kenya. Read More
List of international treaties
Establishing the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency
The objective of the Agency is to encourage the flow of investments for productive purposes among member countries, and in particular to developing member countries, thus supplementing the activities of the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development the International Finance Corporation and other international development finance institutions. Membership in the Agency shall be open to all members of the Bank and to Switzerland.
To serve its objective, the Agency shall:
- issue guarantees, including coinsurance and reinsurance, against non-commercial risks in respect of investments in a member country which flow from other member countries
- carry out appropriate complementary activities to promote the flow of investments to and among developing member countries; and
- exercise such other incidental powers as shall be necessary or desirable in the furtherance of its objective.